Monday, October 12, 2015

5 Close up photos

Five Close up photos

First thought was I must get out my big camera and start snapping Marco shots. Then as I was cleaning off the dreaded knick knacks I saw some stories unfolding.

First was Mr Bill. He always makes me giggle. I watch SNL in that first season way back when. Poor Mr Bill and Spot I loved them both. "Oh NO!" Was something we all knew. Remember we knew this stuff without Social Media. Mr Hands was so mean! I always wanted to help Mr Bill escape the nastiness he had to endure.

So that is the theme of these first two pictures. Either by water or by land. I am giving them an escape method.

The first is a blue canoe that I love. I came from lake country to the prairies many moons ago. I still miss the days that I paddled alone or with someone around a quiet lake listening to the loons call. It would be a nice way to escape for Mr Bill.



This second photos gives them a horse to ride away on. My passion has always been horses. I never lost the little girl's love for horses. I have owned a horse but it became to expensive to keep her. i sold her to a friend for his young daughter which is something I dreamed of when I was her age. It felt right. So Mr Bill and Spot could climb on the horse with a flower in her mouth and ride off into the sunset. I also gave them a great book to read. 


Then as I had finished recusing Mr Bill I sat down to relax. My spooky cat who is my second adopted cat in the house. I have always had black cats. I still have a black cat and one day I went a little crazy and saw a calico at the vets office that was up for adoption. Totally different personalities. Black cat is chill. Calico is wacko. She has a hard time settling down. Thought I would attempt to get a close of her gorgeous colours. Took a long time to settle her and get a couple of decent photos. She has both the calico colour and the tabby markings.




Of course this being October I had to add a Halloween/Samhain picture. I love to play at this time of year. People get so serious sometimes and we forget how much fun it is to play. I recovered a bottle with a label stating Goblin Grog. Then poured in Black coffee. Offered it to co-workers including my boss! She would have been game to have a shot but was giving an interview later to the media so declined until I told her it was just straight coffee. She thought I was someone who may have provided actual alcoholic Grog! So I left this at my desk all day with an invite to come visit and sample. Today is Oct 30 I am going to take something with a bit more spirit and see what happens! I work in a University Library and I know the students are all celebrating why shouldn't we?



This last one is not really a close up but I had to include it. Maybe I can say it brings you close up to your idea of what is God. I had an photography instructor once who called a photo like this the God shot. He explained that it gave you a spiritual feeling. It was an incredible sunset. The world was glowing. Almost felt like I was standing on another planet.



The first four photograph are taken with an iPhone 5. The last was taken with a Nikon D5000. I love my big girl camera but I have been getting lazy and just using my iPhone because it is that good and so easy. Or should I say mindless. Snap, snap, snap. I need to use a camera that makes me think.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember Mr. Bill. Always got a chuckle out of me.
    I live in landlocked Indiana, no where near a lake. I went kayaking for the first time last summer, on a small lake in Wisconsin, and was able to see and hear loons for the first time in my life. You have to miss it if you grew up with it. I miss it!

    That last photo of the sunset is gorgeous! I love silhouette photos and I love sunset photos. You combined both perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Mr. Bill, but he sounds quite cool. Your combination of images are really interesting. The cat and the goblin grog and the sunset looks so amazing. lovely photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used my cell phone camera for all my pictures. It was close by when opportunities arose.

    Great job with yours! I love the story telling of the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are beautiful... and your descriptions are LOVELY. My favorite of all of them is the first Mr. Bill... it made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the colours in your last picture, it really captures the season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nooooo! I love Mr. Bill. The last photo is amazing! Such color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I figure unless you're wanting to make big prints, the best camera is the one you have with you. When I upgraded from the iPhone 3GS I was astonished at how much better camera phones became in just a couple of years.

    As for your post, great mix of text and images. Lots of interesting subjects and I like the lighting in each one. I'd never heard of Mr. Bill, so thanks for the intro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, welcome to the challenge. :)

    Second, I was like what you mention at the end. For a while, I tossed aside my main camera and did the iPhone all the time. I think great photos can come from the iPhone, but I do love my main camera. I've made it a point to push myself to take more photos with it, especially challenge related. BUT, in the end, this challenge is all about you and your photos, whether by big camera, point and shoot, or phone. As long as you have fun!

    Love the Mr. Bill shots and the photo of your cat is nice. That last shot is definitely cool, especially with the trees. Nice work all around for this month's theme!

    ReplyDelete